ProcessMaker was founded in 2000 by a couple of entrepreneurs who saw that there was a better way to automate and run critical business processes.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Aldrich Capital Partners. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on ProcessMaker’s future. Our culture is inquisitive, international, and open.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to ProcessMaker is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
The Director of Cloud Operations develops, manages, and leads our Cloud Operations Team to support our rapidly growing SaaS product lines and underlying technology infrastructure at AWS. This position plays a vital role in driving key strategic initiatives and technology projects as we continue to innovate on our best-in-class BPM/Low-Code platform. The Director of CloudOps will work closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management, and Finance Teams to implement DevOps practices, develop technical roadmaps, manage budget, and monitor/report on all aspects of our AWS environment. The Director of CloudOps will also work closely with 3 rd party technology solution providers and the open-source community to continue to drive cloud innovation to deliver high-value upgrades and improvements to maximize our cloud investment.
- Partner with the VP of Technology and leaders in Engineering to develop and maintain a clear, multi-year technology strategy & cloud operations roadmap for the business
- Manage a complex AWS cloud environment along with on-premise applications following best practices for architecture, performance, security, cost, and scalability
- Develop the Cloud Operations organization through a strong focus on building trust,
- creating team alignment, and coaching/cultivating technical talent
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand business needs and customer requirements to develop supportive architectures & infrastructure
- Develop DevOps protocols and best practices with software engineering teams to drive operational capabilities around CI/CD, velocity, quality, and stability of software releases
- Leverage monitoring & tracking dashboards, and reports around key metrics such as uptime, error rates, MTTR, release velocity, security, etc, to drive critical decision-making
- Implement and manage incident response protocols and teams, conduct post-mortems
and work collaboratively across functions during outage scenarios
- Establish clear financial controls and cloud-based cost management practices to
continually optimize AWS spend and on-premise expense plans
- Partner and integrate with 3 rd party technology solution providers to improve the AWS-based architecture and surrounding technical ecosystem
- Ensure a strong focus on security and compliance efforts to effectively manage & reduce risk to the business
- Work with Human Resources on technical talent acquisition processes and establish a healthy pipeline of talent for the CloudOps Team
- 5+ years of management/leadership experience with geographically distributed technical teams including on/off and near-shore resources
- Must be a people-oriented leader able to develop trusted relationships with both junior
and senior engineers to maximize team happiness and performance
- 10+ years of hands-on engineering experience in AWS with large/complex, 24/7/365 environments leveraging multiple services & deployment models
- Deep understanding of AWS, CI/CD pipelines, DevOps, Cloud-based Networking,
System Administration and SaaS product release best practices
- Stack-specific technologies: Linux (Redhat), MySQL, MongoDB, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Cobbler, PHP, Python and Git.
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)