We are looking for an experienced and dedicated VP of Finance who will be responsible for developing and directing the company’s analytical, financial plans and policies. The VP of Finance will also report on metrics to optimize our growth by understanding where efficiencies exist to maximize scalability throughout the year.
This position requires the ability to be present in our Durham, North Carolina area office 3 days per week.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzing the company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting.
- Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing, and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows
- Interacting with venture capital partners and board of directors.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred.
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $100 million in annual revenues.
- Experience in a SaaS organization with activity-based project costing
- Merger and acquisition finance experience.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
Work experience required
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Experience working in a growing start up environment strongly preferred.
- Proven work experience as a VP of Finance, or similar role
- Possesses critical knowledge of federal and multiple state tax laws as well as basic accounting issues