We are ProcessMaker, a leader in low-code business process management (BPM) and workflow automation software headquartered in Durham, North Carolina. ProcessMaker makes it easy to automate complex business processes connecting people and existing company systems. Whether it’s opening a bank account, enrolling in college, or submitting a time off request—hundreds of commercial customers, including many Fortune 100 companies, rely on ProcessMaker to execute thousands of tasks every day.
As a Sales Engineer at ProcessMaker, you’ll play a critical part in our customers’ – and ProcessMaker’s success!
The Sales Engineer’s main mission will be to actively contribute to the Banking Solutions Team in a pre-sales capacity, presenting product offerings to new customers.
Sales Engineers are the trusted technical advisors for our prospects during the pre-sales process. They are responsible for marrying the technical aspects and value of ProcessMaker’s banking solutions to business challenges of our financial institution prospects.
As part of our Sales team, you’ll be at the forefront of our business and demonstrating ProcessMaker’s solutions to help seal the deal with our customers. You will provide expert level support to effectively demonstrate our products and services to prospective and existing customers. This includes quoting, configuring, proposing, and presenting ProcessMaker’s solutions in conjunction with and/or at the direction of the sales team. In addition, the position provides expert level input and participates in the marketing, market planning, and technical development of products and services.
Are you a great fit?
An ideal Sales Engineer has a strong technical background, and can use this knowledge to map technology solutions to business challenges. They are inquisitive, curious and enjoy solving problems.
The role requires a combination of talent, where you learn your product, for sure, but also you have to know how your prospective client will use it in the big picture.
To be successful in this role, you will need customer facing experience, preferably in a pre-sales capacity for a fintech.
We expect that you will have a high technical aptitude, a complete understanding of the product, and a strong business acumen.
You will succeed because you can understand how ProcessMaker’s customers will use our products and how it will solve their problems
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- You will drive and manage all technical, solution and competitive aspects of the sales cycle as a partner to our sales team.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of ProcessMaker’s products
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of products provided by the competitor’s in our space
- Define product functional requirements based on customer needs and document specific configuration requirements
- Conduct detailed and technical product demonstrations and presentations
- Implement pilot and proof of concept installations
- Provide technical sales support in meetings and on conference calls
- Support technical responses to RFP’s
- Service and support sales teams demo kits
- Support trade shows and exhibitions assisting in equipment setup/teardown, conducting demonstrations and engaging in solutions-oriented discussions
- Develop strong relationships with ProcessMaker customers
- Support during transition from pre-sales to post-sales implementation
- Provide technical feedback to the ProcessMaker product group
- Travel TBD but may be up to approximately 25% of the time
- Other duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Willingness to travel to client locations (up to 25%)
- Ability to understand the business requirements and converting them into solution designs
- Knowledge in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering software that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills – problem solving ability and can tell the customer what he really wants.