Solutions Consultant’s main mission will be to actively contribute to supporting the higher education sales organization in all technical matters regarding pre-sales, sales calls, customer POCs (proof of concepts), sample processes, and related activities in pursuit of our growth expectations on customer acquisition, retention, and expansion. The individual will feel at home at the intersection between higher education business challenges and product-facing technology issues.
As part of our higher education sales team, you will be at the forefront of our business and demonstrating the ProcessMaker platform to help seal the deal with our customers. You will provide expert-level support to effectively demo our products and services to prospective and existing customers. This includes quoting, configuring, proposing, and presenting the ProcessMaker platform in conjunction with and/or at the direction of the sales team.
Are you a great fit?
An ideal solutions consultant has a strong consulting and technical background. Sales Engineering can use this knowledge to demonstrate how technology solutions can solve business challenges for higher education. They are inquisitive, curious, and enjoy solving problems.
The role requires a combination of talent, communication skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and attention to detail.
To be successful as a solutions consultant on our higher education team, you will need higher education experience with a cross-campus understanding of the various departments’ processes and systems. You’ll know the industry jargon and be able to talk to a wide range of higher education customers. You will have a strong background in the data elements and systems in the industry and will have spent time in a technical capacity which could be report writing, technical configuration, or workflow solutions.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Engage with potential and existing customers to understand their needs relating to digital transformation, workflow automation, customer experience, and related business challenges impacted by enterprise technology.
- Define product functional requirements based on customer needs and document specific configuration requirements
- Conduct detailed and technical product demonstrations and presentations of ProcessMaker offerings and their applicability to customer challenges and requirements by promoting our platform and solutions portfolio.
- Provide and maintain demonstrations, POCs, technical answers to RFPs, customization scopings, Q&As, demo kits, and other related actions and assets in support of closing deals and hitting growth targets.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience working in higher education
- 2+ years of experience working at a technical level on a higher education SIS/ERP
- Experience in process improvement activities or projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering equivalent education or work experience
- Critical: Good presenter and listener. Comfortable addressing various levels of higher education customers from business analysts to C-level executives.
- Technical background in IT projects
- Adaptable to working in an entrepreneurial environment, which can be ever-changing. Our team is almost a ‘startup-within-a-startup’ and requires hustle, wearing multiple hats, trial-and-error, etc.
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
- Experience with BPMS, workflow, robotic process automation tools
- Understanding of API integrations e.g. REST, SOAP, GraphQL, etc.
- PeopleSoft/Oracle and/or Jenzabar student systems