We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and high performing HR Director. We see this as the most important hire we will make in the next 6-12 months. The HR Director will lead the most important function we have in the company – recruiting, onboarding, building, motivating, and retaining our team of superstars in the competitive and fast paced world of enterprise SaaS software.
Our ideal HR Director has been part of a winning HR team at a high growth, Private Equity backed SaaS company that has grown to $100 million in ARR, and this person now wants a shot at leading the team and experiencing that type of fast paced success again.
This position will report directly to the CEO and will be a key member of the company’s management team. This position will drive the development and day to day execution of the Human Resource team while setting enterprise-wide HR strategies for the Company. As a key member of the leadership team, the HR Director will lead the Human Resource initiative to provide an employee oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment and organizational growth.
HR Director Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs the functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to retention, personnel records, employee relations, job evaluation, compensation management, benefits administration, organizational development, workers compensation, safety, training, AAP/EEO and special projects.
- Responsible for maintaining a highly engaging culture, motivating employees, fostering an environment with high levels of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision to employees.
- Develops, updates and manages policies and procedures. Develops organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resource issues; contributes information, analysis and recommendations to organization’s strategic direction.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures; provides input to update and maintain the employee handbook.
- Works closely with the other executive leaders to advise, counsel, and provide coaching and resolution to address employees’ performance. Provides performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to provide consultation and guidance to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Manages an international Human Resource Department currently consisting of 4 people based in subsidiaries in Latin American and India.
- Provides guidance to resolve complex employee relations issues. Identifies and consults with the Corporate office on matters of legal importance.
- The Director of Human Resources plans and makes improvements to new employee orientation programs to foster positive attitudes toward company goals.
- Ensures the maintenance records of transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, terminations, attendance records, discipline records, employee performance appraisal records and schedules.
- Directs the training, planning, and skill building of the HR staff to prepare them for future growth for the company and individual career paths.
- Serves as the first point of escalation, communicates business developments and organizational changes to subordinates, and addresses and resolves employee concerns.
- Promotes ethical and cultural awareness to the workforce through training, development and consultation.
- Prepares reports in conformance with legislated and legal requirements or company needs.
- Communicates changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Reports daily, weekly and monthly KPI reporting as determined by the Vice President of General Administration.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and innovation as it related to improving processes, addressing performance, creating action plans and ensuring proper training and development of employees.
- Actively participates with the interviewing, and hiring process.
HR Director Requirements & Skill:
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading four-year College or university required, Master’s degree preferred; and 10+ years related experience in Human Resource management function with a minimum of 4 years in a Manager or Director level position.
- Experience in creation of business plans, budgets, software implementation.
- Experience with performance metrics such as the OKR system.